Saturday, 7:00 p.m., Lone Star D, JW Marriott
MLA Awards Ceremony
Presiding: Roland Greene, Stanford Univ., MLA President
1. Roland Greene will announce the newly elected honorary fellows.
2. Remarks by William Adams, National Endowment for the Humanities
3. Kwame Anthony Appiah, New York Univ., MLA First Vice President, will present the William Riley Parker Prize; James Russell Lowell Prize; MLA Prize for a First Book; Kenneth W. Mildenberger Prize; Katherine Singer Kovacs Prize; Morton N. Cohen Award; MLA Prize for a Scholarly Edition; Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Comparative Literary Studies; Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for French and Francophone Studies; Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Studies in Slavic Languages and Literatures; Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for a Translation of a Scholarly Study of Literature; Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Italian Studies; Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Publication Award for a Manuscript in Italian Literary Studies; Lois Roth Award; William Sanders Scarborough Prize; and MLA Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary and Cultural Studies.
4. Rosemary G. Feal, MLA, will present the MLA International Bibliography Fellowship Awards.
5. Rosemary G. Feal will announce the recipients of the seal of approval from the Committee on Scholarly Editions.
6. Sonja Rae Fritzsche, Illinois Wesleyan Univ., ADFL President, will present the ADFL Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession to Malcolm Alan Compitello, Univ. of Arizona, Tucson.
7. Remarks by Malcolm Alan Compitello
8. Kent Cartwright, Univ. of Maryland, College Park, ADE President, will present the ADE Francis Andrew March Award to John David Guillory, New York Univ.
9. Remarks by John David Guillory
Reception immediately following.